One and two Family (UDC) - Administrative Code
Uniform Dwelling Code SPS 320-325- SPS 320, Administration and Enforcement, PDF file
- SPS 321, Construction Standards, PDF file
- SPS 322, Energy Conservation, PDF file
- SPS 323, Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning, PDF file
- SPS 324, Electrical Standards, PDF file
- SPS 325, Plumbing, PDF file It is suggested that you click on a PDF icon when using the UDC Appendix to properly view diagrams, tables and text.
- SPS 320-325 Appendix ACaution – Do not use the Southern Pine design values in the new UDC Appendix A for sizing joists and rafters. They do not reflect the reduced values in the newly adopted 2015 National Design Specification for Wood Supplement. To obtain the correct values, go to http://www.awc.org/pdf/codes-standards/publications/nds/AWC-NDS2015-Supplement-ViewOnly-1411.pdf and scroll to Table 4A. Those values may be increased 15% for repetitive joist or rafter use (due to load sharing by 3 or more members spaced 24” o.c. or less) and an additional 15% for rafter use (due to snow load duration increase).
- Commentary Appendix B, PDF File
- SPS 320-325 Appendix C
Caution - Note that this Commentary is based on the updated code implemented on January 1, 2016.
UDC Code Commentary
- Commentary SPS 320, PDF file
- Commentary SPS 321, PDF file
- Commentary SPS 322, PDF file
- Commentary SPS 323, PDF file
- Commentary SPS 324, PDF file
- Commentary SPS 325, PDF file